All you wanted to know about DJ Spinall
First he built his brand, then he built the following and now he’s basking in the euphoria of his remarkable success as a top DJ in the Nigerian music industry.
DJ Spinall (Sodamola Oluseye Desmond) knows his music and the fans listen when he plays. The industry has since noticed is paying attention.
In this piece, we take you on a journey to know know more about the man people fondly call ‘The Cap’.
1. For starters, The CAP means; The Crazy Azz Party (and not the cap on his head) as most people think.
2. He studied Electrical Electronics Engineering at Olabisi Onabanjo University, Ago Iwoye Ogun State(OOU) but today he’s a disc jockey.
3. He holds the bragging rights as the first DJ to be signed to a successful celebrity management company State of Mind Entertainment owned by Tobi Sanni-Daniel (Ice Prince’s manager).
4. Before he hit limelight, he worked as a DJ at Ray Power and Eko Fm.
5. He got the traditional cap inspiration from his dad as a little kid.
6. He is the first Nigerian DJ with a major endorsement (he’s a Smirnoff brand ambassador)
7. He was one of the first Nigerian DJs after DJ Jimmy Jatt to embark on a solo US tour performing at cities like Houston, Washington DC, Atlanta and New York City.
8. He’s one of the first African DJs to grace the South by South West (SXSW) concert in the United States of America.
9. Just so you know, DJ Spinall can be very shy
10. And he is VERY afraid of road trips.