Yesterday i brought you guys 40 facts about KCee the Limpopo master and from review; it was clear you enjoyed it. So today I bring you another.
Today’s 40 Facts features the Musical Taliban, No.1 of Ajegunle – ‘ORITSE FEMI’
Oritse Femi’s Rise To Stardom is a story filled with Promises, Disappointments, Hopes, Failures, Many Ups and Downs and eventually Success. You have many lessons to pick from his twist.
He’s currently part of the Most Sought After Musicians in Nigeria. His current hit single, Double Wahala is currently making high waves in the country.
We Present to you…….
1. His real name is Oritsefemi Majemite Ekele with his Stage Name as ‘Oritse Femi’.
2. He hails from Itsekiri in Warri North L.G.A of Delta State.
3. He was born on January 5th, 1985.
4. He presently weighs 82kg.
5. He is from a Polygamous family of 7 wives and 30 children. He’s the 3rd from his Mum.
6. His favourite pet is a Dog.
7. He currently resides in No. 46, Oritse, street, Ikeja.
8. His favourite food is fresh fish.
9. His favourite colour is Red.
10. His favourite artiste is Fela Kuti.
11. He started off professionally as lead vocalist of Cherubim and Seraphim Church in Ajegunle, Lagos where he also played bass guitar.
12. His greatest opportunity musically was when Shaba Ranks, Keppy Ton and others came to establish a Ragga Dub School in Ajegunle. They were brought there by the late Johnny Nap.
It was where Daddy Showkey, Daddy Fresh, Father U-turn, Baba Fryo and a lot of other stars had their breakthrough.
13. His own genre of music is called Reality or Conscience Music – he terms it a kind of music that touches or arouses the feeling of the people.
14. He started out with a duo group (Oritse Femi & Chibudo) called Junglist with two albums “BOYS DEY BINU and MONEY NA TIME’.
15. He went solo in 2006 and released an album, Elewon / Flog Politicians, which means “Chase them”. That was when he started singing about the flopped politicians and the need to chase them away. It was released in 2007/08 during the elections and turned out to be a hit.
16. His third solo album was Unfadeables.
He claims he was motivated to release this album because of the wickedness prevalent in the world. One of the hit tracks that made waves on radio and TV was “Mercy of the Lord”.
The Unfadeables has fourteen tracks. The album featured in my works Late Dagrin, 2face, Pasuma Wonder, Nico Gravity, B Kleen and some other popular artistes in Nigeria.
17. His role model is Sizzler Konaji. But as for his kind of music, he loves Fela Anikulapo- Kuti. And for his stage performance – Daddy Showkey.
18. He has four albums till date: Flog Politician, Wicked World, Unfadeable and now his fourth album, Musical Taliban.
19. He made his first million which was Five million naira in 2008, and it was given to him by a marketer to work on his album.
20. His charges are shows-dependent. He claims he can charge a minimum of N3 million for the next 3 years.
21. Don Jazzy will work with him on his new album.
22. He currently has no endorsement deal with any brand.
23. He is engaged and hopes to get married later this year. His heartrob is ‘Blessing
24. He’s best of friends with HKN Gang C.E.O, Davido and they showed this on Oritse Femi’s latest track, Sexy Ladies.(DOWNLOAD HERE)
25. WHAT ARE YOU SCARED OF: War
26. GREATEST REGRET: He has none
27. BIGGEST ACCOMPLISHMENT: Cash and Properties
28. He lost his Dad earlier this year, Feb. 10.
Oritse femi’s father was aged 62 years, we were told, didn’t show any sign of ill-health before he became suddenly ill, but later died at the hospital he was rushed to.
29. MOST PRIZED POSSESSION: His career
30. ADVICE TO BEGINNERS: Be focused and unique
31. MESSAGE TO FANS: Love One Another
32. TWITTER HANDLE:@Oritsefemi
33. He was born in Olodi Apapa, Lagos.
34. He’s 5ft 7inches tall.
35. He floats his own Record label with just a Producer, Obodo at the moment.
36. For Bookings, you can reach him here: 07037512030.
37. He started off singing in Primary School at Age 9.
38. He’s gotten no Nationally or Internationally-recognised nominations or awards.
39. We see many big things for Oritse-Femi this 2014
40. And Oritse Femi is a devoted Christian.