If there is one Nollywood actor that is often admired for his charisma and carriage, Pete’s name will readily come to mind.
Known for his roles as king/chief in movies, Pete Edochie is considered one of the most talented actors in Africa.
Do you love Pete, are there things you wish to know about this actor that you are yet to know? This article brings you a list of five things you probably do not know about Pete Edochie.
- Pete Edochie’s acting career started in the 1980s with him playing the lead role in NTA’s adaptation of Chinua Achebe’s novel, Things Fall Apart where he acted as Okonkwo. is career in broadcasting started in 1967 at the age of 20 as Junior Programmes Director at the Anambra Broadcasting Service where he rose to the position of Director. For deciding to politse the affairs of the station, the actor left ABS.
- In 2005, Actors’ Guild of Nigeria placed a one year ban on Pete, Ramsey Nouah and four others from filming after they were said to have been collecting huge fees from producers due to their A-list celebrity status.
- The multiple award winning veteran actor is a Member of the Order of the Niger, an honour conferred on him in 2003 by the then president Olusegun Obasanjo. He is also a recipient of Africa Film Academy’s Lifetime Achievement Award.
- It has been rumoured severally that the actor was married to another industry force Rita Edochie, this probably is owing to the similarity in the names of the two. Pete Edochie however has been married for 50 years to Josephine Edochie with six children. Rita on the other hand is only married to Pete’s younger brother.
- Of Pete Edochie’s six children, two (Yul and Linc Edochie) are active in the movie industry with nothing or little, known of the remaining four. He has the prospects of becoming the father of a state governor if Yul who is presently running for governor excels in the polls. The 70 year old actor has been kidnapped in the past and has also been rumoured dead severally but is still waxing stronger.