This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (May 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Kiss Daniel at an award show
|Birth name||Anidugbe Oluwatobiloba Daniel|
|Origin||Ogun State, Nigeria|
|Occupation(s)||Singer-songwriter, Performer, Entertainer|
|Instruments||Vocals, lead vocals|
|Labels||G-Worldwide Entertainment (2013-2017)
Fly Boy Inc. (2017-present)
|Associated acts||Sugarboy, Tiwa Savage, Davido|
Anidugbe Oluwatobiloba Daniel, known as Kiss Daniel, is a Nigerian recording artist, performer and entertainer best known for his chart-topping single “Woju“. Formally signed to G-Worldwide Entertainment in 2013, he left the company in November 2017 to create his own record label, Fly Boy Inc.
Kiss Daniel was born Oluwatobiloba Daniel Anidugbe in Ogun State, Nigeria. He hails from Abeokuta North, a local government area in Ogun State. He graduated from the Federal University of Agriculture, Abeokuta (FUNAAB), in 2013, with a degree in Water Resources Management and Agrometeorology (Water Engineering). While at FUNAAB, he decided to pursue music as a career alongside his studies.
Kiss Daniel showed an interest in music from an early age, and was encouraged by his father. He started his music career professionally 2013 after his tertiary education, when he came across G-Worldwide Entertainment CEO, Emperor Geezy. After being signed to G-Worldwide entertainment, he released his first official single “Shoye” which was produced by Beatburx on May 1, 2014, along with a music video was directed by MEX. Daniel released his second single “Woju”, produced by DJ Coublon on September 1, 2014. The video for Woju was directed by Adasa Cookey, shot in Lagos, Nigeria. The song spent eleven weeks on the MTV Base Official Naija Top Ten, including six weeks at the number one spot.
Daniel then recorded and released a remix of “Woju” featuring Tiwa Savage and Davido. “Woju” and its remix peaked at Number 1 and Number 2 respectively on the MTV Base Official Naija Top 10, the first time that an original song and its remix would peak at the first and second positions on the chart. A cover of the song performed by 2face Idibia appeared online.
In May 2015, Daniel released a third follow up single “Laye” on his birthday, along with a video two weeks later which was shot in different locations in eastern part of Africa and was directed by AJE FILMS. In September 2015, Daniel won two awards within the space of three weeks. In November 2017, Kiss Daniel left G-Worldwide and launched his record label, FLYBOI I.N.C and released his first hit under his label NO DO in December 2017.
Kiss Daniel has listed acts like Danfo Drivers, Zule Zoo, Oritse Femi, 2face Idibia, 9ice, W4, Wande Coal, Owl City and Ed Sheeran as musical influences. Kiss Daniel lost his father on May 9, 2015.
|2014||“Kiss Daniel”||Non-single album|
|2015||“”Woju Remix“” (featuring Davido and Tiwa Savage)|
|Album Title||Album Details|
Awards and nominations
- Extreme Awards (Benin Republic) Next Rated Artiste of The Year – Won
- Maya Awards (Ibadan) Newcomer/Revelation of The Year – Won
- Nigeria Entertainment Awards / Best New Act of the Year (2015) – Won
- Nigeria Entertainment Awards / Hottest Single of the Year “Woju” (2015) – Nominated
- City People Entertainment Awards / Most Popular Song “Woju” (2015) – Nominated
- Afrimma Awards (USA)/ Best Newcomer the Year (2015) – Nominated
- Coson Music Awards / Best Song in Melody (2015) – Won
- Coson Music Awards / Hottest Song on the Street (2015) – Nominated
- Africa Youth Choice Awards / Next Rated (2015) – Won
- Peace Achievers Awards / Best New Act (2015) – Won
- Afrima Awards (Nigeria)/ New Revelation in Africa (2015) – Nominated
- Afrima Awards Most Promising Act in Africa (2015) – Won
- MTN4SYTE TV Music Video Awards (Ghana) /Best African Act Video “Woju Remix” (2015) – Won
- Headies Awards / Next Rated (2015) – Nominated
- Headies Awards / Song of the Year “Woju” (2015) – Nominated
- Headies Awards / Pop Single of the year “Woju” (2015) – Nominated
- Nigerian Music Video Awards /Best Highlife Video “Laye” (2015) – Nominated (Upcoming)
- Nigerian Music Video Awards /Best Video By A New Artiste “Laye” (2015) – Nominated (Upcoming)
- Headies Awards / Hip Hop World Revelation (2016) – Won
- Headies Awards / Best R& B/Pop album “New Era” (2016) – Won
- Headies Awards / Album Of The Year “New Era” (2016) – Won
- Famuyiwa Damilare (3 February 2015). “Why I can’t drop an album yet – Kiss Daniel”. The Nation. Retrieved 19 March 2015.
- “CONFIRMED: Kiss Daniel Exits G-Worldwide and Unveils New Record Label”. Nigerian Entertainment Today. 2017-11-14. Retrieved 2017-11-17.
- Okeugo, Peter. “I’m not moved by fame – Kiss Daniel, Woju crooner”. Punchng.com. Punchng.com. Retrieved 24 June 2015.
- Okeugo, Peter (18 January 2015). “I’m not moved by fame – Kiss Daniel, Woju crooner”. Punch. Archived from the original on 22 April 2015. Retrieved 28 May 2015.
- Damilare, Famuyiwa. “Why I can’t drop an album yet – Kiss Daniel”. Thenationonlineng.net. Thenationonlineng.net.
- Ikeh, Chrysanthus. “Kiss Daniel’s ‘Woju’ retains ONTT top spot for 4th week..” TheNET.ng. TheNET.ng. Retrieved 28 May 2015.
- “Kiss Daniel’s Woju, P Square’s Collabo drop off MTV Base Naija Top Ten..” Vanguard Ngr. Vanguardngr.com. Retrieved 28 May 2015.
- Akan, Joey. “‘Woju’ and ‘Woju (remix)’ top MTV charts”. Pulse.ng. Pulse.ng. Retrieved 28 May 2015.
- “LEAK: 2Face Idibia – Woju”. Notjustok.com. Notjustok.com. Retrieved 28 May 2015.
- “PREMIERE: Kiss Daniel – “Laye” (Prod by DJ Coublon)”. Tooxclusive.com. Tooxclusive.com.
- “Kiss Daniel wins 2 awards in 3 weeks”. TheNews.ng. Opemipo Adeniyi.
- “ICYMI: Kiss Daniel leaves G-Worldwide, launches own label”. Punch Newspapers. Punch Newspaper. 13 November 2017.
- “Kiss Daniel: ‘Woju’ Hit Singer Loses Dad”. 360nobs. 360nobs. Retrieved 28 May 2015.