Anneta Konstantinides , Dec 16, 2019, 11:09 PM
- Miss Nigeria Nyekachi Douglas is being praised for her heartwarming reaction after losing Miss World.
- After Miss Jamaica Toni-Ann Singh was named Miss World, Douglas jumped up and down and did a happy dance as she congratulated and hugged her friend.
- Douglas later said in an interview that Singh was “amazing” and had been her support system during the pageant.
- People took to Twitter to praise Douglas, calling her “selfless” and the best kind of friend.
- Visit Insider’s homepage for more stories.
If you tuned in to the Miss World 2019 pageant just seconds after the winner was announced, you would have probably thought that Miss Nigeria took home the crown.
Nyekachi Douglas, 21, let out an excited yelp, jumped up in the air, and did a little happy dance as the new Miss World was called.
The winner was actually her friend, Miss Jamaica Toni-Ann Singh. But Douglas’ reaction captured hearts all over the world.
Douglas, Singh, and Miss Brazil Elis Coelho were the last three women on stage during the pageant, which was held in London on Saturday night.
— Lebza (@_LebzaH2O) December 14, 2019
While she may not have taken home the crown, Douglas now has plenty of new fans.
Nyekachi Douglas did not immediately respond to Insider’s request for comment.