Early life and career
- Lethal Woman (2008)
- Obscure Motives (2009)
- Lovelorn (2012)
- Miami Heat (2012)
- Keeping My Man (2013)
- White Chapel
- The Seekers
- Legal War
- Campus Love
- Keeping my Man (2013)
- Gold Diggin (with Yvonne Nelson)
- What’s Within (with Joseph Benjamin
Rukky Sanda added another year yesterday.The sultry Nollywood actress, was born on Aug 23, 1984 somewhere in Ikorodu,Lagos state.
Here is a biography on Rukky Sanda:
She was born Rukayat Akinsanya and has lived in Lagos most of her life. She is her father’s 10th child but the last child in the family and she has two step mothers. After graduating at the Lagos State University in 2004 with a B.SC Degree in Banking & Finance, the beautiful actress began her journey in Nollywood as an actress, to an independent film producer, scriptwriter.
Before she began acting, she used to deal in the buying and selling of clothes and fashion accessories.
Rukky Sanda now owns her production company, RSP (Rukky Sanda Productions) and RukkySandaStudios, in Lagos State, where filmmakers could rent up-to-date equipment, as well as an editing studio for post production.
Sanda has starred in over 42 movies in Africa since her debut in 2004. She could be called the youngest scriptwriter/producer in Nollywood. She has written and produced such movies as “Lethal Woman” (2008), “Obscure Motives” (2009), “Lovelorn” (2012), “Miamiheat” (2012), and “Keeping My Man” (2013).
Rukky Sanda considers marriage a very beautiful thing. When it comes to relationships, Rukky Sanda believes love should not discriminate against a person’s religion. The first time she dated a male was in S.S.S 1 and this ended up being her first boyfriend. Her first real relationship was in the university and this happened in 1999 and she is usually quick to add that it didn’t work out. She was romantically linked to American singer Akon in 2007. Rukky Sanda does not believe in the practicality of ‘love at first sight’.
She is currently unmarried.
Sometime in 2014, Rukky Sanda was rumoured to have been in a sexual relationship with Tonto Dike.She reacted to this.
See her words:
“Why would I choose to be a Lesbian when they are different handsome men out there to date. I have even heard that I’m dating Tonto Dikeh, that’s absurd. Tonto is my friend and colleague, there is no sexual relationship between us. People should please stop calling me a lesbian, because I am not one.”
- “I’m no longer bothered by criticism – Rukky Sanda”. punchng.com. Archived from the original on August 26, 2014. Retrieved 21 August 2014.
- “Rukky Sanda’s love for tattoos”. punchng.com. Archived from the original on August 26, 2014. Retrieved 21 August 2014.
- “Rukky Sanda shows off in Range Rover Evoque”. punchng.com. Archived from the original on August 23, 2014. Retrieved 21 August 2014.
- Rukky Sanda, NAIJ, Retrieved 22 September 2016
- “Saturday Celebrity Interview: She’s not a Rookie! Nollywood Actress Rukky Sanda is Breaking New Grounds & Stepping on to Greater Heights”. Bella Naija. Retrieved November 22, 2014.